Commercial Film Production Insurance
Bespoke Policies for all of your Production needs
What can go wrong often will go wrong, so you need a precise array of policies to cover as many situations as possible.
Our Commercial Producers Package provides you with some of the broadest cover in the market place, written in accordance with APA/ IPA/ISBA production contract requirements which represent the specific benchmark for insurance cover in the UK advertising market.
- Commercial Producers Indemnity — Indemnifies the production company against all additional or abortive production costs, which may arise out of (but not exclusively limited to):
- The non-appearance/supply of the director, DIT and/or any other key crew.
- The total loss sustained due to the interruption, curtailment, postponement, cancellation, abandonment or rescheduling of the production of a commercial and arising out of any aspect of the production, except for those matters which the agency is contractually responsible for, up to the total cost of the production, plus talent fees and agency reshoot expenses.
- Film Negative/Videotape — All Risks cover including processing and post-production of the production materials/negative/videotape/master material up to completion of the contract, including whilst being worked on or transported by third party companies or individuals at a time when these materials are under the control, custody, care of the production company.
- Props, Sets and Wardrobe — All Risks cover on all owned, loaned or hired-in Props, Sets and Wardrobe whilst under the control of the production company.
- Hired-in Equipment — All Risks cover on all hired-in/owned equipment including up to 13 weeks of hire charges for which the production company may be contractually responsible.
- Money — All Risks cover in respect of loss of money used in connection with an insured production.
- Public Liability — The Insured’s legal liability to third parties for death, bodily injury or damage to property arising from the insured’s activities, normally with a Limit of Indemnity of £10,000,000.
- Employer’s Liability – The Insured’s legal liability for death or bodily injury to permanent and freelance employees domiciled in the UK, normally with a Limit of Indemnity of £10,000,000.
- Terrorism Insurance — it is crucial that cover is extended to include the production company’s exposures to terrorism/threat of terrorism, which are not coverd by their client/advertising agency principal
- Cyber & Data Insurance — specific cover to protect against GDPR infringement and cyber threats made against you by malicious third parties
- Weather Day Insurance — We are able to supply competitive rates for locations worldwide for a variety of levels of cover, namely:
- Sunshine — i.e. sufficient natural light to cause clearly defined shadows to be visible. An absence of rain, sleet, falling snow, hail, mist or other precipitation and of fog.
- Reasonable Photographic Conditions (RPC) — An absence of rain, sleet, falling snow, hail or other precipitation and of fog. Sufficient natural light to make it technically possible to obtain the minimum “stop” required having regard to the size and type of rating of the lens and stock being used.
- Absence of Precipitation — An absence of rain, sleet, falling snow, hail or other precipitation.
- Wind — Winds generally, but not exclusively, in excess of Force 5 as measured at the nearest approved meteorological recording station. This cover cannot be arranged in isolation and must be taken out in conjunction with one of the other heads of cover listed above.
- Errors & Omissions / Professional Indemnity — Indemnifying against all sums, which the assured shall become liable to pay as damages and claimant costs and expenses as a result of any claim during the insured period arising out of factors including:
- Defamation or malicious falsehood.
- Infringement of any intellectual property rights.
- Breach of confidence or misuse of confidential information.
- Product disparagement or breach of any comparative advertising regulations.
- Infringement of any right to privacy.
- Negligent mis-statement or negligent mis-representation.
- Negligence or breach of duty of care in relation to an express or implied contractual duty to use reasonable care and skill – cover must be extended to specifically note the arbitration/dispute resolution provisions and contractual obligations contained within the current APA/IPA/ISBA production contract.
- Dishonesty of employees where there was clear intention to cause a loss and to obtain personal gain over and above any salary fee bonus or commission.
We are also able to arrange bespoke insurance policies for the following types of media companies:
- Post-Production companies
- Equipment Hire companies
- TV Production and other Film/Media related companies
Whilst we can ensure you’re covered for almost all situations, if there’s a risk unique to you, please contact us and we will try to devise an individual policy to meet your needs.